Last week I had the pleasure of being on the 10! Show and made my quick and easy blueberry muffin recipe. This recipe is very versatile! You can substitute any of your favorite muffin ingredients in place of the 1 cup of blueberries. Some of my suggestions include bananas, walnuts, craisins, orange zest, or chocolate chips for a real sweet treat! I sometimes sprinkle oats on top of the batter for an added boost of fiber!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup milk
¼ vegetable oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
Yields: 12 Muffins
Time: 35 minutes
Baker’s note: Coat the mix-in ingredients (i.e. fresh blueberries) with a bit of flour before adding them to the batter to prevent them from bursting in the baking process. This also prevents the ingredients from sinking to the bottom of the batter and keeps them evenly dispersed throughout the whole muffin!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl carefully crack the egg into the bowl and whisk the milk and oil together with the egg.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Use a fork for this step!
- Add the blueberries and mix lightly. Be sure not to mix too much. Now you have a batter!
- Line a muffin pan with muffin papers and pour the batter in each paper. Be sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Here is my 10! Show segment in case you missed it:
View more videos at: http://nbcphiladelphia.com.